Fab Book Club Recommendations
Looking for great book club recommendations? Or Are you a member of a book club ?
Look no further. This website is designed to find you some fantastic reads!
Perhaps you simply love reading? But you don't get the time these days to actually sit down? Perhaps you are just just plain exhausted by the end of the day and you barely read a page before falling asleep?? Does this sound like you?
Well it certainly was me!
Consider joining or starting a book club. For many it's the perfect way to relax amongst like-minded friends to discuss something interesting.
We all live extremely busy lives. Whether you spend your days
juggling your job and the kids, or have a demanding job, giving yourself
an excuse to take yourself off for half an hour to read is pure
Having a mid-week night out where you don't talk about
your job or the kids is also a pure tonic and something to really look
You'll often hear me telling my husband that it is
"his turn" to look after the kids as "I simply must finish the book
before the next book club meeting" It's amazing how much MORE I've read
as a result of having a focus.
The meeting itself should be good fun and involve a good quantity of alcohol to keep the conversation flowing - but you do need some rules for meetings, otherwise you'll all veer well off track
website is for those of you who want to start your own book club, or
for those of you who are in need of some good reading material.
In this website you will find:
- Tips on how to start your own book club, including how to choose a book that is right for your group (starting a book club)
to run the evening in a fun and lighthearted manner. You'll also find a few
mistakes to avoid, like keeping the opinionated friend at home and
stopping anyone who suggests reading the entire works of Dickens with a very firm "No Thank You" (rules for meetings)
- Over 50 fab book club recommendations that we have read and rated - most of which are under 400 pages to fit into our busy lives
- You'll find summaries, our opinions as well as book club questions to keep your
conversation stimulating. This acts as a nice cheat sheet too if you didn't quite
finish the book!
- Our absolute book club favorites - book club recommendations split into best fiction books and non fiction books.
- Book of the Month - We'll let you know each month what we are reading. You can join in and follow the discussion on line (Book of Month Club)
- Other Social activities for your book club to keep it fresh and exciting. (activities for girls book clubs)
Links To Key Pages:
- Starting A Book Club
- Starting A Book Club - all you need to know from how to run a meeting, venues, rules for meetings, recipes, menus and much more
- Best Fiction Books
- Best Fiction Books - Find a great read that you and your book club will love. A list of our favourites including synopsis, book club questions and more
- Non Fiction Books
- Looking for Non Fiction Books that would be good for your book club? Here is a list of book club recommendations including history, biographies and more
- Book Club Reading Lists
- Book Club Reading Lists - Get ideas and inspiration for your next book club. Look at the books we have read in our book club, our ratings and thoughts
- Book Club Favorites
- Book Club Favorites - Our book club has read over 50 books over the last 4 years and each year votes for "The Best Book" Find out our key book club recommendations
- Book Club Questions
- Book Club Questions - A wonderful resource for any book club, discussion guides, questions for fiction, non-fiction and autobiographical, as well as questions for each featured book
- Oprah Winfrey Book Club
- Oprah Winfrey Book Club - Find out Oprah's top 10 books of all time. Which should you read for book club?
- Book Club Discussion Questions
- Book Club Discussion Questions - A directory of all the books covered on this site, every one with dicsussion guides and questions, all suitable for book clubs
- Book Of Month Club
- book of month club - Join our on line book club and find out what we are reading this month. A chance to have your say
- Book Club Recommendations Blog
- Book Club Recommendations - If you want to keep up to date with great book club recommendations, then this is the blog for you.
- About Our Book Club
- About Our Book Club - Come join the on-line version of our book club. Based in Sydney Australia, we are a fun loving group of ladies who love to get together and discuss a good book